Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Panic in a Shopping Aisle

While shopping I let Katelyn help push the grocery cart from below (one of her favorite things to do).  Well, something happened last week and while she was pushing, she tripped and landed directly on the metal bar (you know, the part that everyone puts their feet on), square on her mouth.  Gross! Blood was everywhere!

While trying to figure out the damage amongst a SCREAMING child, I could not help but play out worst case scenarios in my head: she knocked out her teeth, she bit her tongue off, she split her lip and needs to go to the ER, etc.  All the while Katelyn is still screaming and customers are shooting looks of death my way.  Seriously, people are unsympathetic.  Not one person stopped to offer help or see if she was ok.

My shoulder and a cloth were covered in blood.  I determined she was going to be ok and did not need a visit to the ER, thank goodness.  Luckily, all she ended up with was two big bruises/blisters on her lips.  I never took a picture, so use your imagination.  (You might be able to see the faded results in later pictures.)  Although there were definitely moments of panic, I am grateful I have one tough cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Now that Violet is walking around full-time, this is my worst nightmare. She fell on our asphalt driveway yesterday, but not too much damage. I can't believe no one even stopped to ask if Katelyn was okay! Glad she wasn't hurt too bad!

    ReplyDelete