Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to Normal Life???

Is there really such thing as "normal" life?  Let's just say that with the craziness of this summer, it feels good to be home and back into the swing of things.  I'll give a quick update so as to not bore you with a long day to day travel-log!

1. Paul finally returned home from Italy only to have me surprise him at the airport.  He wasn't going to get to see me until a few days before the wedding, but due to the unfortunate death of an uncle, I traveled back to Utah and arranged to pick him up from the airport without him having the slightest clue.  In fact, he was so out of it that he walked right past me in the airport!  I thought maybe too much time in Italy made him forget about me, but no, he was just utterly shocked!  I earned some brownie points that night.

2.  Paul also earned himself brownie points by surprising me with a pair of sapphire earrings.  He had them custom made and I was able to wear them for the wedding.  They were beautiful!

3.  Paul and I were married on a beautiful sunny day in San Diego.  The week prior to the wedding was overcast and kind of cold, but the sun made an appearance and it was wonderful!  Thank you to all the support from family and friends.  We had fun at the wedding and reception and Open House in Utah a few weeks later.

4.  We honeymooned in San Diego so that we wouldn't have to take up our short vacation time traveling around.  We stayed at a hotel in downtown San Diego and did a lot down by the water.  Paul even planned for us to go on a dinner cruise where we were able to watch fireworks right over us.

5.  We came back to Utah and were busy moving into our new apartment.  We both didn't realize how much stuff we had until we were forced to go through it.  Let's just say that we ended up taking a few loads to DI and throwing away a bunch, too!

6.  We went on a second honeymoon to Salt Lake City and stayed at the Anniversary Inn.  The rooms were themed and we stayed in the Mississippi Serenade.  Our bed was built on logs and our shower was a waterfall out of the ceiling.  It was enjoyable!  While in Salt Lake we participated in a few Pioneer Day activities including a park festival and visiting the This is the Place Hertiage Park.

7.  I found a new interest in selling all of Paul's old textbooks on Amazon.  We have made some pretty good money and enjoy seeing where his books are selling around the country.

8.  Paul is back in school at BYU and I am back to work teaching 3rd grade again.  Life is busy, but like I said, we have a routine which keeps us in check. Click on the links under Picasa Albums to see pictures from the wedding and our honeymoon.

If you have not already, please add us to your blogging list.  If you don't see your name/blog on the side of my posts, then please leave a comment with your blog address so that I can add you and blog stalk you!  Or, you might need to invite me using this blog address to see your blog if it is private.

No comments:

Post a Comment