A STUDENT IN ANOTHER 3RD GRADE CLASS CAME INTO MY ROOM FOR SOCIAL STUDIES...
Student: Mrs. Manuele, do you have a ball in there?
Mrs. Manuele: A ball in where?
Student: In there (pointing at my stomach). Under your shirt?
Mrs. Manuele: Why would I have a ball under my shirt?
Student: Well, all the kids put balls under their shirts.
Mrs. Manuele: Am I a kid?
Student: No.
Mrs. Manuele: Well, then why would I put a ball under my shirt?
Student: I don't know. What is under your shirt then?
Mrs. Manuele: I have a baby.
Student: Oh (blushing), ok.
A FEW DAYS LATER WITH THE SAME STUDENT...
Student: So, why do you have a baby ball under your shirt?
Mrs. Manuele: It's not a baby ball. Its a real baby.
Student: Oh, so it's not a ball?
Mrs. Manuele: No, its a real baby. I am going to be a mommy.
Student: How do you have baby in there? How did it get there?
Mrs. Manuele: Well, I do have a baby but you should ask your mom how the baby got there. We need to get started on Social Studies. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is fantastic. I babysat three year old twins this week, one of them found my stash of baby stuff and said, "baby gone?" It was pretty cute. Also, let's be glad that we are not having twins. The end.
ReplyDeleteI love this chat! I love to see how the kids' brain works and what they will say next. :) Congrats to the upcoming member of your family!
ReplyDeletethat is the best story/convo ever!
ReplyDelete