Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Death of Me

I have come to the conclusion that when I die and my family has no idea why, they will take me to the coroner and the coroner will take one look at my sad, pathetic body and say, "Too many years of procrastination did her in."

You see, I am taking a test this Saturday to renew my teaching license and have known about it for a few months now.  But have I started studying yet?  Heck no!  You would think that after graduating college and pulling more all nighters than can be counted on my hands that I would have learned the meaning and affects of procrastination.  I blame my stubborn self!  I could try and blame Paul, school or something else growing inside me, but really, it was my own dumb self.  Now I am going to be stressing myself out all week long.

It wouldn't be so bad if the test was like the last one: based solely on school subject knowledge (math, reading, social studies and science).  But this one requires me to know a bunch of dead theorists, teaching practices and terminology that no one uses in the real teaching world, and they want me to write a bunch of case study essays.  Everyone I have talked to about the test said they don't have time to finish the test, which freaks me out even more!

Right now I am hating my life and the fact that I am cursed with the habit of procrastination!  We'll see what happens between now and Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYY. I am so excited for you guys. You will both be such amazing parents. Lucky girl.

    And it sucks you have to take a test to be a teacher. You are a better woman than I.

    ReplyDelete