Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tumbling

On July 3rd Katelyn completed a class at the Provo Rec Center called "Tumbling Tots."  The class was held in a gymnasium and had two instructors.  A group of 6 two year olds and a group of 6 three/four year olds alternated over the 10 sessions with each instructor.  During each 45 minute lesson the instructors focused on hand-eye coordination activities, motor skills, and basic tumbling.  The instructors worked well with the young kids and kept each class moving at a fast pace so as to keep the kids' attention.
Katelyn seriously LOVED the class.  She talked about it every day and it came up in every prayer.  Her days were based around tumbling.  She was a little confused when I told her the class was over.  She still asks to "eat breakfast, take a shower, get dressed, and go to TUMBLING!"  Sadly, her excitement is met with a no.

But now we get to "practice" tumbling everyday.  Katelyn, and now Heather, do somersaults in the living room or grass and use me as a spring board for backflips and headstands.  It makes me feel like a good mom when I see my kids choosing to be up and active.

I would recommend this class to anyone with a young toddler.  I wish we had signed Katelyn up for the repeat class that started after her's ended.  It would have been the same activities, but she would have enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Since Katelyn asks everyday to look at "pictures of tumbling" or to "watch videos of Katelyn tumbling" I went ahead a made a little video for her.  Now she can get the iPad and with one click watch the video to her heart's content.  (PS - don't be jealous of my awesome music choice!  I was thinking of Katelyn when I chose it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment