Friday, June 24, 2011

Coupons

Sometimes I do crazy things, like have a mud wrestling fight or go sliding down wet hills at 3 in the morning.  Granted most of these crazy things happened in my younger years (aka college) when I was immature and carefree.  By no means am I mature now, but I think I have a few different priorities on my plate.  But, I still do crazy things, like buy 44 BOXES OF CEREAL and 75 BOXES OF PASTA!  My husband is in the army, but I am not feeding the entire army!  So what am I doing buying this much?

I have developed a new hobby of couponing.  Now, for those who have seen the TLC show "Extreme Couponing" -- I am no where near that extremity.  92 things of mustard, no thank you!  Cereal and pasta however, we will use.

The regular price for these 44 boxes of cereal was $139.95.  My price after store sales, coupons, and rebates was $22.66.  It could have been quite less but the store didn't have all the kind of boxes I wanted and I messed up on one of my purchases - which could have knocked off quite a few dollars.  The goal was to spend 13 cents per box, but that didn't happen.  Oh well, I think this is a still a score!
I didn't keep my receipts for the pasta, but the average box cost was $1.50, making that original price $112.50.  The pasta came at a much better deal.  After store sales and coupons, I only had to pay 9 cents for every 10 boxes, which was the difference in sales tax, totaling $0.68.  WOW!  I'll take it!
My pantry shelves are filling up, and I like it.  Food storage, food storage, food storage.... :)  I guess I have become that crazy coupon lady you see at the stores and hate getting behind in the checkout lines.

1 comment:

  1. What the freak!?! Your my coupon hero! How the heck do you do it? Seriously...I want to know. When you go to the check out counter is the cashier looking at you like she wants to kill you because you have an enormous stack of cereal and pasta and a giant stack of coupons? Do you get them all in the same store or do you have to go to tons of different stores? And lastly, can I give you $.2 and you can send me 5 boxes of pasta? lol. Oh wait, I thought of another one.................HOW THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO EAT ALL OF THAT BEFORE IT EXPIRES?

    ReplyDelete