Thursday, June 16, 2011

All Things Come to an End

A few months ago I told my principal I would not be returning to work next year.  It was definitely a tough decision and one that Paul and I had been debating over for a LONG time.  I struggled going to work each day and missed being at home with Katelyn-so that was a big sign I was not where my heart wanted me to be.  

The last few weeks of school I spent a lot of time packing up my classroom.  It was bittersweet.  I loved my students, my coworkers, and the school, but knowing I was coming home to be with Katelyn outweighed it all.  In the words of my principal, "In all my years of being a principal, the teachers who have told me they are not returning didn't base their decision of the fact they didn't like teaching nor the school, but rather, because they were moving on to bigger and better things."  That is in fact what Katelyn is!

This decision came with some worries though.  Paul is still in school until August and is currently applying for jobs.  We took a big leap of faith and hope that he will be able to find a job.  My pay and health insurance go until August so if all works out as planned, Paul will have a job by the beginning of September.  If anyone knows of jobs in the Provo area, send them Paul's way.

As for now, here's to the 3rd grade teachers and the many fun times!

2 comments:

  1. Jared works at the post office. They are hiring right now. Have Paul take a gander at usps.com and see what positions they have. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I felt the exact same way! But now that my Reese is here...I don't regret leaving first grade! I am sure come august I will have a day or two of missing it...but I think we both made a great decision! Now if our hubby's could both find jobs with decent pay and insurance we'd be set!

    ReplyDelete