Thanksgiving this year was celebrated with Paul's family at our house which was nice because we didn't have to travel anywhere in the cold. Plus, I don't think I would have enjoyed a 12 hour drive to California nor would the airlines even let me travel being so far along in the pregnancy, so it all worked out. We all contributed to the meal and I made green bean casserole for the first time. Not too bad. The whole day was quite enjoyable. We ate TONS, played some games and watched some movies. It was very relaxing!
Paul and I hit the Black Friday sales early the next morning. We were able to cross a few things off of our Christmas lists! I particularly capitalized on the fact that Paul was out shopping with me. It is easier to buy things for him when he is there and plus, most of the shopping on my end is now done (since I know that I will not be in the mood to shop once the baby comes)! The rest of that day was spent catching up on sleep and lounging around in our pj's while we set up Christmas decorations and our tree! I loved it! (I will have to blog about our first Christmas tree a little later since I don't have pictures of it yet!)
On Sunday we decided to have our own Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to venture out and attempt to cook my own turkey for the first time! With Paul's help making the stuffing, we had a complete recreation of the Thanksgiving meal! The turkey was nice and juicy, and everything else was perfect! Here are some snap shots of the process:
 |
| Cooking the spices for the stuffing! |
 |
| Preparing the turkey! |
 |
| It's all ready for the oven! |
 |
| Carving the deliciousness of it! |
 |
| Paul doing what he does best! |
No comments:
Post a Comment