Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Party Under the Sea

We had a very special party for a girl that is 3 years old today!  We celebrated however, at the beginning of the month, since the closer we get to Christmas, the harder it is to plan around other events.

When I asked Katelyn what kind of party she wanted, she thought for a moment, and then yelled, "An Ariel party!"  You see, she asked to be Ariel for Halloween and I lovingly persuaded her out of that idea thinking it would be too much work, so I guess this was her way of getting back at me.  So, here is the invite I created and sent out (with personal info edited out):
and we had a fun time with friends and family.  At the party we made Ariel starfish necklaces (made of salt dough), played a few games with some homemade beanbag fish, and then went on a treasure hunt in a bowl of liquid jelly beads. 
We then ate lunch - complete with starfish sandwiches, swedish fish, goldfish, shark teeth (cheese triangles), and a splash of ocean water.
 And of course we had cupcakes and presents!
It truly was such a fun party!  I may have lost a lot of sleep over planning it, but it was all worth it to see the kids having fun.

We love our little girl, who is definitely getting to be not so little anymore!  Happy 3rd birthday, Boogilly Bear!  Daddy, Mommy, and Heather love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is the cutest party! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete