We are going to miss being with family (even if they all don't necessarily miss us), the warm weather, and the convenience of playing in the backyard with the dogs. Now it is back to our small apartment in chilly Utah. Here's to hoping the weather warms up so we can have some outside play time!
Here are the last pictures of our trip and a video of Katelyn playing with the dogs:
While we have many fun memories, one of favorites came towards the end of our stay. Katelyn was playing by the sliding door in the gated section on the pool side. Heather scooted herself out there and together they were exploring the outside. Heather was eating whatever was on the ground and Katelyn was taking toys in and out. They were content (and safe in the gate) so I wasn't paying much attention to them. After awhile Heather got a little grumpy so my mom picked her up and started to put her in the highchair so I could feed her. We were surprised to see a bunch of brown stuff coming out the top of her diaper. A huge blow-out up the back? Yes, that was our initially thought until we realized it was dirt clots! It is unlikely that Heather sabotaged herself, so that leaves only one other culprit. I never thought I would have to lecture Katelyn on NOT putting stuff in Heather's diaper. We all had a good laugh.

Hey, who was chasing the ball: Angel or Katelyn?
ReplyDelete