Friday, March 1, 2013

Day at the Beach

March 1st proved to be a perfect beach day.  The weather was in the 80s, family was able to be there with us, and both Katelyn and Heather had so much fun!

Katelyn loved grabbing sand and seashells and throwing them into the waves.  The water was a bit chilly so we didn't go swimming, but somehow Katelyn still ended up soaked - thanks to a sneaky wave that toppled her over.

Heather was not too fond of the chilly water or the sand.  I tried to sit her in the sand several times and every time she cried.  She was content to just sit on grandma's lap.  I think it helped that grandma gave her a cookie to nibble on!

Here are some snapshots and a video:
The day would have been topped with whipped cream and a cherry had daddy been with us to run in the water, throw sand and eat cookies, but, well, for now we just had to settle for a plain bowl of ice cream.  :)  I am sure there will be many more beach days in the future.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Katelyn had a blast, but I'm not so sure about Heather. I love you and thanks for the post. I wish that I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete