Another year has come and gone! I celebrated my birthday last week with family and friends and was definitely spoiled. Paul took me and the kids to Olive Garden for lunch and about 10 minutes after we got home, there was a knock on the door from a girl holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Thanks Mom and Dad for the gerbera daisies (my favorite).
I then tried to make these cupcakes with marshmallows since I have been meaning to use my marshmallows for awhile now. This is what I was going for:
Nailed it!
Apparently there is a reason the directions say to cover the marshmallow completely. If not, you get these- mushroom cloud explosions. They looked even "better" once they cooled because the marshmallow sank in revealing a caved in cupcake. Yep, I am awesome.
Paul went to the grocery store later to redeem my failed attempt.
I later had some friends (previous coworkers) come for a visit! It was so nice of them to remember me on my birthday! I will forever be grateful for their friendship. I know I was meant to work at Manila Elementary so that I could meet such great friends.
A visit with family for cake and ice cream that night topped the birthday celebrations for the day. Here's to being one more year older!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment