Although we didn't take Katelyn trick-or-treating, her first Halloween (from my point of view) was a success. While I was making sugar cookies, she got into the bowl of candy for trick-or-treaters and ate her first ever sucker. She loved that thing! Of course, I also 'loved' the mess that came with it....I tried taking her picture in her ladybug costume but she was more interested in looking at the trick-or-treaters and the pumpkin. This is all I came up with:
Oh, and a quick note about her costume. I thought I would take the easy road and buy a costume since I have been doing a lot of sewing lately. As soon as I saw this costume, I loved it. The hood has little antenna and the back has little wings. However, the only size at the store was 24M, and she wears 12M. So, I ended up buying it, taking all the stitching out, cutting the pieces down, and then sewing it back together. Moral of the story, I should have just made it to begin with.
Paul's costume was what he called, "A Professional Scouter" - complete with his BCG (Birth Control Glasses - because of how hideous they look) and boots (one is missing the laces). He was definitely playing the nerdy scout part, too.
I didn't dress up this year - just with my Halloween shirt.
We had family over for pizza and games to complete our Halloween. One of the games was dress your baby like a mummy. The kids didn't like us too much after that. But overall, the night was fun!
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment