Tuesday, February 2, 2016

"I Love to See the Temple"

We are all so excited for the new Provo City Center Temple!  Paul and I both have fond memories of the tabernacle and together with the kids, we all have been anxiously watching the transformation from the rubble to a beautiful temple.

I was able to take the kids, along with Paul's parents, to the Open House.  We were all mesmerized by the beauty and the girls especially loved the staircases and magnificent chandeliers.  Heather described one of the chandeliers as an upside down ice cream cone.  Of course she would think of ice cream.  I am so grateful they were able to be inside and feel of the special spirit that was there.  
A few days later, I was able to volunteer as an Usher.  I was fortunate enough to be positioned on the top floor and was able to stand in both the Sealing Room and Celestial Room.  The Spirit was amazingly strong and witnessing others feel of that same Spirit was incredible.  At the end of the night and close of the Open House, my supervisor took our group on a behind the scenes tour of the temple.  I was able to learn a little more history about some of the artwork and construction, as well as view some rooms not included in the public tour.  Again, it was all amazing.  I left the temple with a sore face, but only because I couldn't help but smile the whole night.
Around the same time as our temple visits, the girls were invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's.  It was their first time there and already Katelyn is saying she wants her next party there.  Oh boy.  They all had a blast.  And I couldn't help but post this picture of Zac sleeping at church.  His hair  and those lips are amazing!  Hehe!  

No comments:

Post a Comment