Sunday, December 21, 2014

4th Birthday

We celebrated Katelyn's birthday last weekend and had such a fun time!  Katelyn chose to have a Rapunzel party, so we had a "tangling" good time.  Seriously, she has the best friends and at the end of her party said, "This is the best birthday ever!"  She had a blast and as a mom, I couldn't ask for anything more.
We of course enjoyed games at the party.  We made our own floating lights and Ruffian swords, played Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn Rider and played keep the lights floating (there were glow sticks inside the balloons).
We also got tangled up in Rapunzel's hair and had to break loose.
We ate sandwiches from the Snuggly Duckling, apples for Maximus, and had a taste of Rapunzel's hair.  Opening presents was also an exciting time.
 Katelyn also got her own Rapunzel cupcake tower (made from ice cream cones).
Again, it was such a fun day and I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Katelyn is 4 years old!  Can time just slow down for a bit, please?!?!?

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I showed the picture of the cake to Maggie, she loves it and wants it now for her birthday in a few weeks :) so send any tips my way!She's also asked me 3 times today to see the pic again so you might get a lot of hits on your blog from us these next few days. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So glad Maggie is a Rapunzel fan too! For the tower I used two sugar cones, and stuck them together using frosting. I let that sit out over night to make sure it was hard. I then stuck the tower onto a mini cake with lots of frosting - to hold it in place, and again, let it sit out for a bit. Since the top of the sugar cone and waffle cone didn't quite line up, I actually put a small upside down cupcake at the top - covered in frosting to hold the waffle cone. You can kind of see that in the picture of Katelyn blowing the candles out. I finally added the trail of frosting (tower moss or whatever you want to call it) at the base of the tower wrapping around to the top - making sure to hide the middle where I stuck the cones together. Oh, and make sure to put the flower sprinkles on when the frosting it still wet. I somehow always forget that… Hope this makes sense! And hope Maggie has a fun birthday! Let me know if you have questions.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I created that template for the invitation, so if you have photoshop I can send the file or put in Maggie's name/info for the party and send you a jpeg. I just printed them on 5x7s at Costco and handed them out. :)

      Delete
  2. Lori! Thank you so much!!!! This will help me out so much. I'm positive mine will not turn out as good as yours but hopefully she'll still think it looks like the tower :) I'll be sure to post some pics on our blog after her party this weekend. And I'm so bummed I didn't see this message til now or I would have taken you up on the invite but we've already got the invited out. Hoping this weekend works out and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete