So I tried to take the simple route this Halloween and buy the girls their costumes. I found these cute princess nightgown dresses at Costco that had a Hello Kitty symbol on them and convinced the girls they could be Hello Kitty Princesses. It was all fine and dandy until the morning of our ward's Halloween carnival. All morning long I heard, "I want to be ______ (fill in any Disney princess name)." I reminded them about their Hello Kitty dresses, but failed in convincing them for a second time.
So, to the sewing machine I went, because I didn't want to crush my daughters' Halloween hopes and dreams, and because I am a complete sucker. I added fabric to cover the Hello Kitty, extra ribbon, bows, flowers, and more fabric, all from what I had on hand.
So, I present, Katelyn as Princess Rapunzel and Heather as Princess Cinderella.
Rapunzel had to have purple, along with a flower on her dress and in her hair. Cinderella is patterned after the first dress she was supposed to wear to the ball before her stepsisters ruined it. Anyway, moral of the story, I should have just made the dresses from the beginning.
But, they had a blast! Taking their pictures was near impossible as they would not hold still, but I am just glad it all worked out and they were so excited to tell everyone which princess they were.
They enjoyed the carnival and trick-or-treating, but I think their favorite part was coming home and passing out candy to the kids who came trick-or-treating to our house. Both Katelyn and Heather had to give out candy, so each kid got double candy from our house. (Good thing we had grandma Manuele's bucket here, too!)
Saturday, November 8, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment