Halloween night was so much fun! I had been prepping the girls all day for trick-or-treating and telling them what to do and what to say, that when the time finally came, they were so excited. However, upon getting that first piece of candy in their buckets, they were done. All they wanted to do was eat it! I obviously missed a step in my coaching.
We managed to keep the girls going and at one point, Heather had two suckers opened -- one in her mouth, one in her hand, and her bucket in the other hand. Then Katelyn realized I "let" Heather have a candy so of course, she needed to open one.
The girls had fun and even though we didn't go far or get a ton of candy, it was all worth it to hear that "Trick-or-Treat" and "Thank You" -- although in Heather's case it was a quick mumble and a "Tant-U."
We ended the night by decorating some sugar cookies and raiding the buckets, I mean, checking to make sure all the candy was safe. Someone had to be Quality Control, and well, that was a risk Paul and I willingly took.
Now to deal with the sugar with-drawls tomorrow and the next day, and the next...






No comments:
Post a Comment