Sunday, September 8, 2013

An Eternal Perspective

August 20th was, and will always be a special day for our family.  This year, Paul seemed to not remember so I planned a little surprise.  The morning of, I told everyone we were going to breakfast and that they needed to get dressed.  Paul was suspicious as this never happens.  I drove everyone to Shirley's Bakery where we of course had the most delicious cinnamon rolls.  Paul still seemed out of the loop so I drove to our next adventure -- the Provo Temple.  As we were getting out of the car, I think it dawned on Paul was day it was.

You see, August 20th is the day we were sealed together as a family, for time and all eternity in the San Diego Temple.  A trip back to the SD Temple would have been more memorable, but hey, we will take what we can get.  We spent the morning walking around, playing in the fountains, and soaking in the beautiful weather.
Despite how silly or strange we all are (see previous posts), I am so grateful we get to be together as a family forever!  I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment