Thursday, August 16, 2012

Colorado

The girls and I just got back from a last minute trip to Colorado to visit my sister-in-law, Lisa.  The 6 hour drive was a bit stressful - Katelyn discovered how to plug her ears and scream at the top of her lungs.  Yeah, awesome.  My other sister-in-law, Donna, caravanned with me.  So at the house we had three 2 year olds, one 1 1/2 year old, one 4 month old, and two 1 month olds.  Thankfully their house was big and the kids had lots of room to play.

Here are some highlights from the trip:
1. Katelyn loved playing outside with all the toy cars!  She also took a liking to the family dog who Katelyn called the Woof Woof.
 2. Heather had her own version of play time.
 3. We took the kids to the county fair and this is what we looked like.  Lisa had this huge quad stroller to fit all the toddlers, plus a double stroller for 2 babies, and then Donna carried her baby in a carrier.  People gave us all sorts of looks and comments!
 4. We had a play day at the local Rec Center.  Katelyn loved the slides, including the big one.  Good thing Uncle Nick didn't mind taking her up and down repeatedly.
 5.  Katelyn got to play at a new park and discover more slides.
And to top it off, I came within 6 feet of a bear!  I was standing in the kitchen one evening and looked out the window to see a bear strolling by.  Then on another night while playing outside with the kids, there was another bear eating from the bushes at the end of the driveway.  Crazy!

I was so glad we were able to take this trip.  It helped the time pass and I got to spend time with family. Now I am looking forward to my mom coming to visit tomorrow, and then onto Paul coming home!  We are more than half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment