So, a midnight decision, a lot of money later, plus one hour of sleep, Katelyn and I found ourselves headed to San Diego.
Walking through the airport I must have looked pretty pathetic. Katelyn was cranky and wanted to be carried so I had her on my hip, the diaper bag on my shoulder, and the carseat and suitcase wheeling behind me. I was having hot flashes and my face was sweaty and Katelyn was having a meltdown, so at one point a lady offered to help me. I gracefully turned her down. Once the carseat and luggage were checked, I felt better about life. Still carrying Katelyn, we made it to security and a TSA worker walked us to the front of the line. Again, I must have looked pretty pathetic with my sweaty face and big belly, and it was only 6:30 in the morning!
Anyway, I was worried about flying with Katelyn on my lap since my belly is hanging out there and she is not a petite 17 month old. So, I prepared myself mentally for the worst. We sat in the first row behind First Class so we had more leg room, but I stressed over Katelyn crying the whole time and upsetting the "high paying" people. Thankfully I made friends with the gentleman sitting next to me and we started talking about his grandchild. Katelyn was perfect besides insisting on sticking her whole hand in my cup of apple juice to get the ice and spilling it all over me. She slept for the last half of the flight and I think I took a little snooze too!
Here's a quick run-down of what we did in San Diego:
1. Katelyn became quite the climbing expert all over the playhouse in Grandma & Grandpa's backyard.
2. The pool was a bit cold but the water made for great splashing adventures.
3. We attended our first ever Lacrosse game. My brother Matthew plays for high school and it was their Senior Game. He is the one in the green and white in the front center.
4. Cousin get togethers.
5. Exploring Grandma and Grandpa's house, including a homemade ball pit and Grandpa's shoes. We also attempted a swim day but I think the water was a little too cold and it was past Katelyn's nap time.
6. Katelyn loved the the dogs and had to see them just about every two seconds. Needless to say, she learned a new word, "Daawgs."
7. We talked to daddy on the phone a lot and she started saying, "Bye daa," which of course is code for bye daddy.
We lucked out on the flight home and ended up with an empty seat next to us. Thank goodness because those rows were closer than ever and I was sitting next to a rather large man who of course had his arm all over the arm rest and his legs spread wide. I love little miracles!


No comments:
Post a Comment