Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter "Eggstravaganza"

Our Easter was pretty laid back given the circumstances of Paul's surgery.  He was not up to doing a whole lot, so Katelyn and I took matters into our own hands.

On Saturday we had our own egg hunt in our front yard.  I filled the eggs with necklaces, jelly beans, and a few small prizes.  Once she figured out there were things inside, she was all over those eggs.
The Easter Bunny paid us a visit on Sunday morning (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for stocking up Katelyn's basket).  I made sure the Easter Bunny knew exactly what I wanted in my basket.  (I guess it is Paul's basket too, but depending on how fast I eat the candy will determine if he gets any.  Maybe I will put some in a blender with ice cream and let him spoon it down.)
I tried to take some pictures of Katelyn's Easter outfit but I had to wait until after church and by that time, she was hungry and ready for a nap, so she was not very photogenic.  Here is what we ended up with:

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you are so brave. I don't know if I could have handled watching my husband go into surgery while pregnant. I am far too much of a worrier. And second of all, I loveeeee your easter egg hunt! Such a good idea to put little trinkets in the eggs. Katelyn looks adorable in her easter dress.

    ReplyDelete