Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gone

Where did September go?  I was so busy trying to catch up from our trip in August that I didn't blog about our many happenings in September.  Here is a shortened version:

1. Our tomato plants produced a plethora of tomatoes, so I made lots of salsa for the first time.  I didn't have a food processor, so I spent a lot of time chopping ingredients by hand.  It was awesome!
One of the many bowls of tomatoes
The trial run - many more jars followed
2. We had joy in the journey...  I found this among the bunches and it reminded me of a certain someone.
3. We picked 4 bags of pears (that's a lot of pears) from a  neighbor, so I made pearsauce (like applesauce) AND pear jam.  I didn't take a picture of the sauce so use your imagination.
Here is a sample: the left is regular pear jam and the one on the right is spiced pear jam.
4. Katelyn discovered my "secret" stash of candy and gets into it daily.
5. The joys of my life... I captured Katelyn waving even though she has been doing this for awhile.  Isn't she the cutest?!!!
6. Katelyn figured out how the cupboards work and wanted to rearrange my bowls. Oh, and she is getting really confident in pulling herself up on everything.
I am loving Katelyn's curiosity -- even if it makes more work for me to clean up.  That is September in a nut shell.  Hopefully October will be better in the blogging world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment