Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Weekend

What a jam-packed weekend!  Definitely exhausting, but so much fun!

First of all, Paul and I celebrated our One Year Anniversary on July 2!  I cannot believe it has already been a whole year.  Where has time gone?  Nevertheless, I have enjoyed every second of being married and love my husband!  We celebrated by having Paul's sister come over and watch Katelyn while we went out to lunch.  Paul and I joked that we are now lame old people because to be honest, that is all we did, just lunch!  We came home and spent time together before we got ready to go to the park and watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks.

That night we went to a park, just past the Provo temple, to watch the fireworks.  It was super windy being by the mountains but Katelyn enjoyed it, until she got tired.  Her normal bed time is around 8:30 and the fireworks didn't start until about 10pm.  Needless to say, Katelyn did not see the fireworks.  It was fun spending time together though.
July 3 was also a special day in our family.  Paul's brother from Colorado, Charlie, and his family, came for a visit, as well as my sister, Katie, and her family.  Our tiny little apartment never had so much excitement in one night.  We had a total of 10 adults and 6 kids jammed into our little living room.  Quite the adventure.
We took it outside by lighting sparklers and fireworks.  I had never really been into fireworks since they were illegal in California, so I didn't know what the big deal was.  When Paul wanted to spend $60 on them, I thought he was crazy.  Come to find out, the 4th of July is one of his favorite holidays.  New information to me.  I gave in and let him buy them, and am glad because we all had fun lighting them Sunday night.
Finally, Monday, the official Day of Independence, we woke up early to be in the Provo Parade!  I know, we are famous!  Katelyn and I got to join Paul's army unit as they drove some of their big trucks in the parade!  Katelyn loved all the attention.  Quotes I heard from the crowd (complete strangers) concerning Katelyn:
"Your baby is SO cute!"
"We love your baby!"
"What a doll!"
After leaning to husband and pointing, "Look how cute she is!"
Katelyn is definitely a people pleaser and loves to smile!
Tuesday, I took Katie (my sister) couponing.  There were no major sales, so no crazy purchases to blog about.  I just took her to double coupons at Walmart.  She had been saving some coupons to use here since she cannot double them in San Diego.  I feel pretty lucky to live in Utah County so that I can save a few more bucks.

So now I am at home, back to a peaceful house.  All the cleaning I did before family got here needs to be redone so that my parents, who come tomorrow, won't have to clean my house!  Guess they will just have to find other (more enjoyable) things to do while here.  (Got it, mom!  No cleaning my house!  And no breaking things just to fix them, dad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment