Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whirlwinds

I feel like I have been sucked into a whirlwind these past couple of weeks.  I went back to work on the 31st of January and it was incredibly hard to believe that my 6 weeks of maternity leave was up.  My baby still felt so little!  It was definitely hard to leave her.  I cried myself to sleep the night before and cried on my way to work.  It's amazing how attached you become in a matter of moments when your baby is born.

My first day back to work was rather exhausting.  I was thrown a bunch of stuff at me, stuff I "should" have been doing and now have to get caught up on.  My students were excited for me to be back but I was physically not ready for their excitement.  My body was tired and I just wanted to be at home with my baby.  Things have become a little better over time.  I survived long days of parent teacher conferences and working overtime to get caught up on grades. 

Paul has been an awesome "Stay-at-Home Dad."  He unfortunately has not been able to get any studying done but we are making due.  I feel like I never get to see him though.  He runs off to class as soon as I get home.    

Life is stressful, but we still feel so blessed.  I love rushing home to see my baby, especially since she is now SMILING!  Her smiles make my heart melt.  I have not found the time to capture these smiles on camera, but when I do, I will post pictures!

For now, enjoy this shot taken about 3 weeks ago.  We love her hair!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment