Thursday, October 28, 2010

October Randomness

Last night Paul and I finally carved our first pumpkin.  In all the years of dating, we never actually got into the whole Halloween thing, so this really was our first pumpkin carving experience.

The whole process of carving the pumpkin was just funny to me.  I was laughing at everything.  I didn't even know what was funny, I was just laughing uncontrollably.  Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones.  I am not sure.  After the fact, I was racking my brain for possible causes, and here is what I came up with:
     1.  Watching Paul attempt to carve a pumpkin using pathetic, dull knives definitely not fit for the job.
     2.  Just watching Paul be silly throughout the whole process.
     3.  Watching the transformation of our pumpkin go from bad to worse.
     4.  Having our pumpkin turn out looking like a 5 year old did it.  Or better yet, maybe the 5 year old could have done better! :)

Let's just say that we enjoyed carving the pumpkin.

Last week we were also able to attend the opera, La Boheme, in Salt Lake.  Paul picked me up straight from work since I had to stay late for a class but was super sweet and got Cafe Rio for us to eat on the way up.  Eating Cafe Rio in the car is not the easiest, but boy is it good.  We took turns eating and driving.  It was awesome!  When we got there, we realized our seats were in the nose bleed section so we couldn't see a whole lot.  It didn't bother me though because I was reading the translation screen the whole time and only glanced at the stage every now and then.  Paul understood most of the Italian, but I would have been lost without the translations.

As for a pregnancy update, well, everything is looking good.  The hardest part of my day is getting out of bed in the morning, but to be honest, that has always been the case, including pre-pregnancy.  The baby moves around a ton, most often practicing her somersaults and Tae Bo kicks to my right side.  Sometimes I will be watching my stomach and see my whole side spontaneously burst and let me tell you, it feels so awesome!  I guess also that I am starting to waddle, according to a coworker.  Ever since that comment I have been very careful about how I walk.

We purchased some baby gear a couple of weeks ago and spent some time putting them together.  We have a car seat/stroller, a swing, and a pack n' play.  It made things more real for me as I was watching Paul put it all together.  Thanks to Grandma Berger, we will have a crib soon, too!  I guess I really have to get the extra room cleared out sooner, rather than later.  I keep putting it off, but time is just sailing by.  Only 45 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment